There will be lots of activities going on... Book fair, 4th grade ice cream social, PTA fundraiser table, Carrot Ladies will be by gardens with lots of info and popcorn, a pizza table, and an under the sea theme. So bring beach chairs and towels to sit out on the lawn (no bathing suits). And yes, there will be music too!
The report, a synthesis of research on parent involvement over the past decade, also found that, regardless of family income or background, students with involved parents are more likely to:
- Earn higher grades and test scores, and enroll in higher-level programs
- Be promoted, pass their classes, and earn credits
- Attend school regularly
- Have better social skills, show improved behavior, and adapt well to school
- Graduate and go on to postsecondary education
With this information in mind, here are some ways you can get involved in your child’s education at Little Chico Creek Elementary School:
- Ask your child questions about what he/she learned in school that day. (“What did you learn in math today?” or “What stories are you reading in school?”)
- Read to your child every day.
- Check your child’s backpack daily for letters or flyers about upcoming events.
- Call the school or email the principal or teacher if you have any questions or concerns.
- Sign up to help at a class event like parties or field trips.
- Attend PTA general meetings to learn about school events.
- Assist your child with homework assignments by creating a quiet environment to work.
We look forward to you partnering with us as we show our “Cheetah Pride" daily by learning to be safe, respectful and responsible. As always we want to work with you to create an environment where our students feel safe and are excited about coming to school each day!
As the holidays are approaching, I would like to thank all of you for your continued support of LCC. Our school is a special place because of all of you—students, parents, staff, and friends!
Please make checks payable to LCC PTA for all orders.
Click Here to find out how to enroll your child.