2022-2023 KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION
Kindergarten registration for the 2022-23 school year is here!
To enter Kindergarten in the fall, a child must be five years old on or before September 1, 2022. To enter Transitional Kindergarten, a child must turn five between September 2, 2022 and February 2, 2023.
Parents are strongly encouraged to register on the designated dates. Priority will be assigned based on the date of registration. The time of day that registration occurs will not constitute a priority.
Please note that Optional Program applications are due by Thursday, January 6, 2022 to be in the lottery for Hooker Oak and Rosedale. Form 10 School of Choice applications are due by Friday, January 14, 2022 for first priority placement opportunities. You must still register at your resident school prior to submitting a Form 10.
Parents should register their children at the school serving their residence area
(proof of residence is required). Parents are strongly encouraged to register during the designated dates because priority will be assigned based on the date of registration. The time of day that registration occurs will not constitute a priority. All children will be enrolled, but some may have to attend a school other than the one serving their residence area.
The following are required to register a child:
- Proof of date of birth (birth certificate, birth record, passport, baptismal certificate, affidavit of the parent, guardian or custodian of the minor or other legal proof).
- Two forms verifying proof of residency
- Current Utility Bill
- Rental/Lease Agreement
- Driver's License
- Notarized Statement from Owner/Renter indicating:
- Names of people who are living with the owner/renter
- Anticipated length of time of residence with owner/renter
- Documents NOT accepted: The following documents are not approved because they are not "connected" to the address. bank statements, medical bills, junk mail, jury duty document, personal mail, etc.
- Written immunization record from a physician, nurse, or health department. Children must be immunized for MMR - measles, mumps and rubella (German measles), polio, DTaP - diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis (whooping cough), Hepatitis B, and 2 doses of Varicella (chickenpox) prior to school entry. State law requires students beginning Kindergarten have all required immunizations.
- Health Registration Form, click here (also available in the office)
- Cover page for Proof of Residence, click here and choose "New Registration to get to the form. (also available in the office)
For information regarding the Hands-on Thematic Learning Community program, contact Hooker Oak School, 891-3119; for information regarding the Academics Plus program, contact Sierra View School, 891-3117; for information regarding the STEM Program, contact Parkview School at 891-3114; and for information regarding the Two-Way Immersion Program, contact Rosedale School, 891-3104. Applications for these alternative programs, as well as Form I 0 School of Choice applications, will be available at the time of registration.