Chico Unified School District
Elementary School and Family Compact
It is important that families and schools work together to help students achieve high academic standards. Through a process that included teachers, families, students, and community representatives, the following are agreed-upon roles and responsibilities that we as partners will carry out to support students' success in school and in life.
Student Pledge: I agree to carry out the following responsibilities to the best of my ability:
- Come to school ready to learn and work hard.
- Bring necessary materials, completed assignments, and homework.
- Know and follow school and class rules.
- Communicate regularly with my parents and teachers about school experiences so that they can help me to be successful in school.
- Limit my TV watching and, instead, study or read every day after school.
- Respect the school, classmates, staff, and families.
Student Name Date Student Signature
Family/Parent Pledge: I agree to carry out the following responsibilities to the best of my ability:
- Provide a quiet time and place for homework, and monitor TV viewing.
- Read to my child or encourage my child to read every day (20 minutes K-3, and 30 minutes for grades 4-5).
- Ensure that my child attends school every day, gets adequate sleep, and proper nutrition.
- Regularly monitor my child's progress in school.
- Participate at school in activities such as school decision making, volunteering, parent training workshops, and/or attending parent-teacher conferences.
- Communicate the importance of education and learning to my child.
- Respect the school, staff, students, and families.
Parent Name Date Parent Signature
School Pledge: We agree to carry out the following responsibilities to the best of our ability:
- Teach classes through interesting and challenging lessons that promote student achievement.
- Endeavor to motivate students to learn.
- Have high expectations, and help every child to develop a love of learning.
- Communicate regularly with families about student progress.
- Provide a safe and caring learning environment.
- Participate in professional development opportunities that improve teaching and learning.
- Actively participate in collaborative decision making.
- Consistently work with families and school colleagues to make schools accessible and welcoming places for families.
- We will strive to help each student achieve the school's high academic standards.
- Respect the school, students, staff, and families.
Little Chico Creek Elementary School August 15, 2022
School Name Date
This School-Family Compact can be found on the school's webpage located at: